on Saturday, July 18th, 2015 | No Comments
July 18, 2015
The controversial new movie Wolf of Wall Street is hitting UK cinemas, a three-hour financial romp that depicts the rise and fall of maverick American stockbroker Jordan Belfort. Played by Leonardo DiCaprio in the film, he becomes fantastically rich peddling penny stocks to unwitting buyers in the heady 1990s, fuelled by a cocktail of Quaaludes, cocaine and all sorts of debauchery.
However, the authorities later bring him down over money laundering and fraud and he admits to charges of money laundering and securities fraud in 1999. After serving only 22 months of a four-year sentence in 2004, Belfort now works as a business coach and tours as a motivational speaker.
Here are the top ten quotes from the controversial former stockbroker dubbed the “Wolf of Wall Street” on how to become rich and be successful.
- “I believe in total immersion, if you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich. You have to unlearn all the thoughts that were making you poor and replace them with new thoughts – rich thoughts.”
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”
- “Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny , they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.”
- “If you give people a good enough ‘why’, they will always figure out the ‘how’.”
- “Winners use words that say ‘must’ and ‘will’.”
- “When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.”
- “If you want to be rich, never give up. People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. “When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learnt enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.”
- “The easiest way to make money is -create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.”
- “Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today – you will become successful.”
- “No matter what happened to you in your past, you are not your past, you are the resources and the capabilities you glean from it. And that is the basis for all change.”
Is Gold Real Money or Fiat Currency?
Global Banks Are Stocking on Gold Bullion
I Am Doing the Same - You Can Too: