July 5, 2014
Conservatives insist their cruel and unworkable agenda is sanctioned by America’s Founding Fathers. As with their similar claims about Jesus Christ wanting America to oppress the poor and help the wealthy, these claims are blatantly false. The following 10 quotes prove this.
The Founding Fathers on regulating corporations.
1. “If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”
– Thomas Jefferson, 1802 letter to Secretary of State Albert Gallatin.
2. “I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”
– Thomas Jefferson.
3. “The power of all corporations ought to be limited, […] the growing wealth acquired by them never fails to be a source of abuses.”
– James Madison
The Founding Fathers on war.
4. “He who is the author of a war, lets loose the whole contagion of hell, and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death.”
– Thomas Paine: The Crisis No. V, 1797
5. “War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses.” -Thomas Jefferson
The Founding Fathers on liberalism.
6. “As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.” — George Washington
The Founding Fathers on religion.
7. “The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams
8. “We have abundant reason to rejoice that in this Land the light of truth and reason has triumphed over the power of bigotry and superstition… In this enlightened Age and in this Land of equal liberty it is our boast, that a man’s religious tenets will not forfeit the protection of the Laws, nor deprive him of the right of attaining and holding the highest Offices that are known in the United States.”
~Founding Father George Washington, letter to the members of the New Church in Baltimore, January 27, 1793
9. “In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Horatio Spofford, 1814
The Founding Fathers on taxes.
10. “As to Taxes, they are evidently inseparable from Government. It is impossible without them to pay the debts of the nation, to protect it from foreign danger, or to secure individuals from lawless violence and rapine.” –= Alexander Hamilton: Address to the Electors of the State of New York, March, 1801
Do you know how people would react if you got a Lamborghini?
Have you seen China’s giant newly designed teleporters?
Would you pay $1.3 Million dollars for a watch?
Are you making money online?